Our members join Rotary to make a difference through service and to build lifelong friendships. Rotary offers many opportunities to do this, such as by carrying out effective projects and connecting with our global community. Here are some ways to start.
Strengthen your club’s service projects
- Ask your district international service chair to introduce you to local experts in your project’s topic. Your district resource network can also connect you with people who have expertise in Rotary’s areas of focus and in planning and managing projects.
- Contact a Rotary Action Group. Members of these groups can provide expertise and advice on a variety of subjects, including applying for Rotary Foundation grants.
- Collaborate with one of Rotary’s partnerson a project that matches your club’s interests and meets your community’s needs.
- Complete the Increase Your Impactseries of courses in Rotary’s Learning Center to find out how to measure results and expand successful projects.
- Find inspiration from other projects on Rotary Showcase.
Connect with our global community
- Experience a new culture or share your own with international visitors by participating in Rotary Friendship Exchange.
- Explore your professions and hobbies in common or connect over shared identities by joining a Rotary Fellowship.
- Start building the foundation for long-term international collaboration and understanding by working with or forming an intercountry committee.
August is Membership and New Club Development Month. Learn on the Rotary Service in Action blog about how these programs and opportunities can enhance your members’ experiences.