After a three-year hiatus, the Duncan Rotary Club threw a great Oktoberfest party on October 15 at Mellor Hall, Cowichan Exhibition Grounds.
Roughly 200 partygoers came to dance to the music of the Doctors of Rock n’ Roll, sample a variety of beers from Red Arrow Brewing and enjoy a fine German meal of bratwurst sausage-on-a-bun, sauerkraut and potato salad prepared by our cookout team! The Cowichan Green Community baked delicious apple strudel that was a popular seller after dinner.
In addition to great food and great music, there were several evening highlights:
- The Old Firehouse Wine Bar donated gift certificates for the best-dressed female, male, and couple attired in their finest German Dirndl and Lederhosen.
- Members of the Cowichan Green Community also helped with a 50/50 draw resulting in a substantial prize for one lucky ticket holder.
- The Club hosted members of Rowing Canada, who have recently moved to the Cowichan Valley.
The evening raised over $5,000 in support of the Pregnancy Food Connections, a Cowichan Valley program aimed at increasing access for low-income moms to nutritious foods during pregnancy to help achieve the healthiest mothers and babies possible!
The Rotary Club wants to thank several local businesses that made this fund-raiser possible:
- Cowichan Exhibition
- Duncan Butcher Shop
- Portofino Bakery
- Old Farm Market
- Red Arrow Brewing Company
- The Old Firehouse Wine Bar