REMINDER TO ROTARIANS TO APPLY FOR THE LITERACY AWARD
In May, at the District Conference in Victoria, BC, we will have the opportunity to meet and talk all things Rotary. Literacy Awards will be presented in person to clubs that have participated in five or more separate projects that have a literacy theme. These projects could be hands on, could be funds given or activities that take place in your club. Projects in our district have ranged from large to small and each one makes an impact.
- Literacy includes more than reading and writing. As a society we must become more literate in discriminating what we are reading, seeing, and hearing.
Here are some of the projects that have taken place
- Misinformation and disinformation have been topics explored by clubs,
- debates have been supported where students and adults ask hard questions.
- Rotarians have encouraged digital literacy by donating refurbished computers, as well as paying for computer programs.
- Clubs have been building story walks to enhance being outdoors.
- Authors have educated us, shared their stories and writing process
- we have helped educate students through bursaries.
- School District personnel informed us as how they are working to educate our youth
- Financial literacy has improved as we listen to estate planners and investors.
There has been so much going on. It’s time to celebrate.
Please list your five or more literacy projects or activities, send it to email@example.com and we will see you on the stage during –
District Conference May 13 to 15, 2022
The application is at: www.rotary5020.org/literacy and the deadline is April 24th!
Looking forward to seeing you in Victoria,