NAME: Tony Comoroda
HOME CLUB: Rotary Passport Club of Pierce County
AG AREA / CLUB NAMES: Area 11.5 | Tacoma South, Passport Club of Pierce Co, Lakewood, Clover Park
YEAR JOINED ROTARY: 2000
- Why did you join Rotary? What did you expect from your Rotary membership?
I joined Rotary in order to give something back to my community. And to network with other like minded business leaders in the area. Also to learn more leadership skills and working with a group with same ideals. I’ve been President of two clubs one in California and one in Washington.
- Has Rotary lived up to your expectations – how?
Yes it has. Rotary has given me way more than I’ve put in. The rewards from helping the community and supplying grants and working to improving them have always helped me realize the ideals of Rotary.
- We know Rotary is a big part of your life, but what do you like to do for fun? Hobbies?
I like all sports. Have UW Huskies football tickets, Go Huskies. I attend pre-covid their basketball games as well. I like the Mariners and the Seahawks for live games too. And I like golf. Cooking, BBQing, happy hour, wine.
- What inspired you to become involved at the club level? Then at the district level?
I’ve been a president before and I liked the club I joined as it allowed me to be a Rotarian without having to attend and have makeups. I travel for business and this club is perfect for me. I liked it so I also was the 4thpresident. I like to be involved in the next level and help in the planning of the District. I also like to work with the club presidents and help in any way I can to help them succeed.
- Best experience so far as Assistant Governor?
Help leading the group through Covid is one. The other is getting to know fellow AG’s and working with them.
- When will we see you as the District Governor?
Maybe 3 years???