NAME: ANN MOSKOW
HOME CLUB: RC of Victoria-Harbourside
AG AREA / CLUB NAMES: Area 5 • Brentwood Bay • Downtown • Harbourside • Sidney • Sidney-by-the-Sea
YEAR JOINED ROTARY: 1995
- Why did you join Rotary? What did you expect from your Rotary membership?
My father was a Rotarian and he strongly recommended that I become a Rotarian.
I was raised with the expectation to give back to the community. Also I was new to Victoria and wanted to put down roots and become part of the community. Rotary was a great way to do both.
- Has Rotary lived up to your expectations – how?
More than! I not only found a great way to contribute to my local and international communities but also found a way to ‘belong’ in Victoria.
- We know Rotary is a big part of your life, but what do you like to do for fun? Hobbies?
I love spending time with my family and friends and puttering in my garden. I’m an avid reader and am never without at least two books on the go.
- What inspired you to become involved at the club level? Then at the district level?
I got involved at the club level from the first day I joined and was asked which committees I wanted to serve on. A couple of years later, I was asked to be the Treasurer and some years after that, I was asked to stand for President. In between, I worked on various club committees. Each step further inspired me to become more involved.
I had never thought about working at the District level until (former AG) Murray Tough asked if I would consider taking on that role.
- Best experience so far as Assistant Governor?
So far, the experience has been limited as I haven’t really started but I have enjoyed meeting the members of the clubs in Area 7 and those on the District Council. I’ll get back to you on this in a few months!
- When will we see you as the District Governor?
I never say ‘never’ but this may take a whole lot more than asking me and promising support!