If you are ready to up your knowledge about sustainability on our island, connect with like-minded people, and learn some easily actionable steps you can take to be a part of the solution to our environmental dilemmas, mark June 5, 2022, on your calendar. To celebrate World Environment Day, the Rotary Club of Sidney by the Sea will facilitate the Living Sustainably Environment Day event at the Mary Winspear Centre.
After months of planning, we are confident this eye-opening day will get you thinking and hopeful for the future with presentations on environmental challenges and sustainable initiatives. You will learn what initiatives businesses, organizations, and individuals undertake to help sustain our environment. We will also be hearing about the most significant challenges our island has to deal with.
You will have opportunities to:
– hear from people who are dedicated to creating a better future for our beautiful area
– to learn what opportunities we all have to make a real, positive difference right now
– browse the many information booths
– have one on one discussions with representatives from non-profits and entrepreneurs about their environmentally sustainable initiatives, products, and services
We are certain you will leave inspired to implement something that applies to your lifestyle or business.
In-person presenters include Elizabeth May, ŚW̱,XELOSELWET Tiffany Joseph, Richard Kool, Anne-Marie Daniel, and additional virtual presentations by Dr. Courtney Howard and Seth Klein.
– State of the Environment
– What it means to Live Locally
– Sustainability and Unsustainability: Coming to Terms with Living on an Island
– Bioregional Framework for the Saanich Peninsula
– Climate impacts on our Health & Mobilizing Canada for the Climate Emergency
Specific details of the day’s event can be found at http://rotarybythesea.org/environment-day
This World Environment Day event is committed to sustainability. To reduce our impact, please bring your reusable coffee cup or water bottle and consider walking, carpooling, cycling, or riding a bus to the event.
Bring your family, invite your friends or come solo and meet some new friends! Tickets are available at the box office http://marywinspear.ca
And… if you love learning, connecting & helping your community, consider popping into a Rotary meeting.